Wednesday 24 October 2012

Why Shivji wears Snake

When I googled it, I found many results. Each one with their own story, some were same and some different. And I am here to express my own theory here. And the beginning of this theory starts in my mind after I met a person. This person I met, told me that a person who smokes 'Gaanja' (Weed, Marijuana), remains unaffected of Snake's venom (I am not sure about the correctness of this statement).

This reminded me of those saadhu people who smokes gaanja. They consider it to be associated with Lord Shiva and take it as sacrament of him. They also believe that Lord Shiva also smokes it. This clicked my mind and I thought may be that's why he wears snake in his neck.

Though my theory may be incorrect, it is just a thought that came to my mind. 
Jai Bholey Nath !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment